Sunday, September 22, 2013

Quiz 01:

I will post a question every day.
I will start with an easy one

Identify who said the following words about what event

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad GitaVishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

There is no fun in playing this alone still 
Answer:

J. Robert Oppenheimer told the above words about atom bomb being dropped on Hiroshima.
Though he initially supported the use of nuclear weapons he changed his stance when nuclear weapon was used on Nagasaki since militarily it was not needed ,he asked for ban of nuclear weaponry

No comments:

Post a Comment